Radix is a base theme for Drupal. It has Bootstrap 4 and 5 support, Sass, ES6 and BrowserSync built-in.
Bootstrap 5 version:
Watch the Creating a Bootstrap 5 Subtheme in Drupal using Radix video by Mark Kindred
Bootstrap 4 version:
Watch the Getting Started with Bootstrap 4 using Radix in Drupal 8 video by Ivan Zugec.
Quick start for Drupal 8 & 9
Which version? For Bootstrap 5, download 5.x, for Bootstrap 4, download 8.x-4.x. For Bootstrap 3. download 8.x-3.x.
On an already running Drupal installation:
- Download and enable components module:
composer require drupal/components; drush en components
- Download and enable Radix theme:
composer require drupal/radix; drush then radix
- Create a sub-theme using Drush
drush --include="themes/contrib/radix" radix:create SUBTHEME_NAME
- Set default theme:
drush then SUBTHEME_NAME -y; drush config-set system.theme default SUBTHEME_NAME -y
- Install dependencies:
cd /path/to/subthemeand then
npm install --legacy-peer-deps(npm 7: When to use `--force` and `--legacy-peer-deps`)
- Copy the proxy.example.js to proxy.js in the config directory of your subtheme:
cp config/proxy.example.js config/proxy.js
proxyvariable to your localhost address in
config/proxy.js(this file is .gitignored by default to avoid overrides)
npm run watch
Notes for Components
If you have upgraded to Components
8.x-2.x or higher, please update your sub-theme to the new API namespace documented as shown below.
There is no more hard dependency defined in the Radix subtheme, so based on your Drupal 8 or 9 version use the appropriate Components
component-libraries: RADIX_SUBTHEME_MACHINE_NAME: paths: - ./src/components
components: namespaces: RADIX_SUBTHEME_MACHINE_NAME: src/components
Distributions using Radix
- Open Atrium: Open Atrium is an intranet in a box that has group spaces to allow different teams to have their own conversations and collaboration.
- Open Academy: Open Academy is a Drupal distribution that brings the best in web publishing for higher education on a customizable Drupal platform.
- Open Berkeley: Open Berkeley is a turnkey web platform solution for UC Berkeley campus websites.
- Open Restaurant: The Open Restaurant distribution has everything you need to kickstart your restaurant website. It comes with a menu management system, a reservation system, a customizable blog and events management.
- DKAN Open Data Platform: DKAN is a community-driven, free and open source open data platform that gives organizations and individuals ultimate freedom to publish and consume structured information.
- University of IOWA SiteNow: SiteNow provides flexibility in authoring websites for various audiences.
- Apigee Developer Portal: Apigee Developer Kickstart is a distribution to create an Apigee developer portal using Drupal.
- Sector: Sector is a New Zealand Drupal Distribution aimed at getting your web project up and running in no time.
Support and Credits
- Issue queue: Create an issue in the issue queue.